Mommy, Mommy, MOMMY!!!

Friday, September 01, 2006

Pictures of new knitty and Secret Pal goodies

I have finally taken the time to sit down and upload my pictures to Photobucket and now I can finally show off my new snickers and the goodies that my Secret Pal has blessed me with.

So here is my new addition to the family (without the labor pains):


  


Of course where do I found her, in my knitting bag. I just had to laugh. She now offsets the males in this house. Now there are four males and two women. Now for the story of this little one. We received her at a store that was having adoptions and the couple that gave her to us found her in the woods and they took great care of her and now she is mine.

Now for another picture of her:


  


I have had a great round with my Secret Pal. She sent me the last package and let me say she ROCKED my socks.

Check out the contents:


  

Yarn to die and of course Kool-aid. I have never dyed my own yarn, but I sure will try with this. Anyone out there with any suggestions???? There is a great journal book with post cards from the state that she lives in.



  

  

This is a metal holder (what else is the name for it) but I sure do love this. Inside this is the yarn, pattern, needle to make this shawl. There is also two types of soaps, and a little chick with the saying (ITS A CHICK THING). My husband loved that one. He tells me that is so me.

Here is a picture of everything that was inside the metal container:


  


THANKS SUPER SECRET PAL.... YOU WERE THE BEST!!!!!

I learned how to knit about a 1 1/2 ago and I am just getting around to making my first pair of socks. I have tried to do this forever. So lo and behold here is my first one and now I am going to learn how to do this on circular needles.


  


Of course I have to go now but I really wanted to get these pictures posted. Job 1 done. Now Job 2 is blogging again and showing the kit that I won at a knitting party that I went to.

I am going to leave with a cute picture of my two young boys.


  


They are just too cute.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Pam,

    I just finished trying the yarn dyeing with Kool-Aid this weekend. I'll be posting how I did it and how it turned out tomorrow. So swing on by and check it out.

    Did I miss it or is Snickers the kitty's name? She's gorgeous with those gold eyes?? I can see why you would choose Snickers if that' the case!

    Take care,
    Patty

     

Post a Comment

<< Home