Mommy, Mommy, MOMMY!!!

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Do not let your children near your knitting

I was ready to start a new bag and as you can see on the pictures that I was getting a great start. But then I am casting off and end up knitting the purse together. (still do not know what I did wrong). I was able to undo my mistake and so I am off again. Still made a mistake by knitting the bag together (I really am trying to cast off and finish this bag). So I am able to save myself again and start to cast off and lo and behold my two young wonderful boys get my knitting and destroy the bag. I have now learned my lesson to put my knitting way up High. Susie where are you when I need you. Ha. I am going to give it another try but before I finish or should I say cast off I am going to a knitting store in Winter Park, FL and asking for help. I am going to go and start my knitting. My young boys are in dream land.

Picture of me having a great time knitting the bag.



Here is what the bag looked like.



Now here is what the bag looks like after my children go hold of it.



Hope you enjoyed looking at my first mistake. I was so mad and so ready to give up but after talking with my lovely sister-in-love Susie I am feeling better, so now I am going to give this another try.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Don't worry. The first time I tried simply CASTING ON I was following along with a really easy "how to knit" DVD and still managed to have the yarn doing everything BUT making a stitch ;) I won't even go into what happened when I tried my first knit stitch - actually - more like my first 8 rows of knit stitch ;)

    You're doin' great!! Keep up the good work!

    Rebecca

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    Now that your first mistake is out of the way, you can plow forward with wild abandon! You will make more mistakes, so don't let them upset you.

    My worst mistake was messing up the bind off on a scarf and having to frog THE WHOLE SCARF. That one almost made me cry, but it taught me to be more careful on bind off, so all was not lost.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home